1. What does CYEA stand for?
2. What is CYEA?
is a cooperate project of JCI and YEAC, which was established in 2015. CYEA is run on the national level from early year until August every year. In 2016, There are 4 awards such as Outstanding Entrepreneur, Social Entrepreneur, Women Entrepreneur, Smart Technology Entrepreneur award. In 2017, There are 5 awards such as Outstanding Entrepreneur, Social Entrepreneur, Women Entrepreneur, Smart Technology Entrepreneur award and Outstanding Start-up Entrepreneur.
There are 3 main stages:
- 1st stage: the launching event and open application.
- 2nd Stage: the top 12 shortlisting and press conference.
- 3rd Stage: the Gala dinner night to announce the top 4 award winners.
3. What are the purposes of CYEA?
The purposes of CYEA are:
- To recognize and raise the profile of young entrepreneurs
- To create interests and inspire the entrepreneurial spirit
- To recognizes Cambodia’s most outstanding young entrepreneurs through national level and leading to international competitions
- To seek business and investment opportunity
4. How many categories for the award?
There are 5 categories:
- Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year Award: to be awarded to the entrepreneur who demonstrates great creative, innovative, and inspiring achievements in their business activity.
- Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur Award: to be awarded to the woman who demonstrates great, creative, innovative, and inspiring achievements in her business activity.
- Outstanding Social Entrepreneur Award: to be awarded to the entrepreneur who demonstrates a significant contribution back to society in environmental, humanitarian, cultural and artistic or tourism business in order to sustain society.
- Smart Technology Entrepreneur Award: to be awarded to the entrepreneur who demonstrates the most successful technology business, which is creative, growing, and outstanding, and inspires and influences other entrepreneurs in the industry. Technology can include internet, software, social apps, GPRS, electronic, and automotive.”
- Outstanding Start-up Entrepreneur of the Year Award: to be awarded to the start-up entrepreneur who demonstrates great creative, innovative, and inspiring achievements in their business activity.
5. Why should I apply?
- Independent recognition of your achievements
- To stand out from all businesses, not just those within your industry
- To get valuable feedback from respected judges
- To get your brand success seen
- To share your successful and challenging
6. If I win, what will I get from the competition?
- The recognized award/trophy
- Financial & non-financial rewards
- Building business and personal profile
- Business and investment opportunity
- Wider public relation and marketing exposure
- Leading to international competition level, and so on
7. What is the requirement/condition?
- 18-45 year of age (by 05th June 2018)
- Business shall be originally established in Cambodia.
- At least 51% owned by Cambodian.
- Minimum 2 years fully registered and operated the business.
- Shall have at least 5 permanent staffs.
- Prohibited industries: gambling, illegal logging, tobacco & alcohol.
- Shall not be involved in award or project organizing committees.
- * Woman entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply
8. How many awards?
There are 2 tiers:
- Tier 1: 5 awards
- Tier 2: 10 awards
9. What are the scoring criteria?
Our scoring will be divided into:
- A. 95% from the judging process
- B. 5% from the nomination through our Facebook page.
Overall scoring on application:
- Business Model: 25 points
- Business Viability: 20 points
- Business Performance: 20 points
- Entrepreneurship Spirit: 30 points
10. How about my company’s financial statement?
Shall be a profitable company and we may need to check your financial detail if needed.
11. What should I prepare?
You should prepare below document:
- The copy of the ID/Passport
- CV of Applicant
- Copy of Business Registration Certificate
- Copy of Patent Tax
12. Those who applied in 2017, can they apply in 2018?
Yes, they can. Beside top 5 award winners, all entrepreneur who meets the minimum selection criteria are encouraged to apply.
13. How many award one entrepreneur can apply?
They can select to apply only 2 out of 5 awards.
14. Will my business information keep as confidential?
Yes, your business information submitted to us is highly kept as confidential. Only judge and recruitments committee are given right to access to evaluate, and they are all required to sign the non-disclosure agreement and high accountable for information leakage.
15. When is the opening and deadline of application?
The application opens from 03rd March 2018 to 05th June 2018 by 11:59 pm.
16. When will the top 15 entrepreneurs be announced?
23rd June 2018.
17. When will the top 5 awards winner be announced?
On the Gala Dinner Night 30th June 2018.
18. What happens to applicants who are not selected?
They will be invited to join the workshop on how to prepare themselves for next competition, also can network among business leaders, experts, and entrepreneurs.
19. What are main CYEA timelines?
- CYEA 2018 Launching Event: 03rd March 2016.
- Deadline of application: 05th June 2018
- Announcing the top 13 entrepreneurs: 23rd June 2018
- Gala dinner (Top 5 awards winner announcement) 30th June 2018.
20. Can NGO apply?
No, they cannot.
21. Where can I apply or submit the application form?
You can apply by below process:
- 1. Go to our website: www.cyeaward.com
- 2. Click on “How to Apply”
- 3. Answer the questions as instructed.
- 4. Click submit.
22. To apply, do I have to pay?
It’s free of charge. From application submission until winning the award. You will not need to pay.
If you have further questions/concerns, please feel free to contact us:
Tel: 096 81 11 073 / 092 57 92 67