Mr. Heng Meng Ho
General Manager, Libra Private Security Co., Ltd
Mr. Heng Meng Ho was a former outstanding mathematics student. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from lTC in 2002. in the same year, he won a scholarship to pursue his postgraduate study in Japan. With his outstanding performance, he got his scholarship extended to reach his PhD in physical modeling. in 2007, Mr. Heng was selected to be the first Science Ambassador to the UK by his school. His role was to promote science in Japan by applying knowledge he had learnt from the Royal Society. the UK‘s biggest science society. In 2008, he won a scholarship to study at Howard and MIT through the future world science leader program.
Mr Heng started his career as a project consultant at Canadia Bank in 2009. There, by applying his six years teaching experience in Japan, Mr Heng initiated and established a training and technology transfer center where young professionals and students were provided opportunities to apply theory into practice. The center served as a link between private companies, educational institutions and skill training to close the gap of market mismatch. Figuring out what he truly needed. Mr Heng changed his job and started working as a senior project manager at LCH Development and Investment Group in 2012. However, he found that it still was not what he wanted to do and with his observation of the rise of the security market demand and the gap in the private security industry, Mr Heng walked out of his comfort zone and started his own security business in 2013.
Besides being an engineer and employee, Mr Heng was also a university lecturer since 2010. Moreover, he also served as a consultant on a health and education project at the UN Headquarter in Austria in May 2011 and March 2012. With his love for education, Mr Heng believes that education is the key to success in all sectors including business. Therefore, he enthusiastically offers many opportunities for his staff’s capacity building and proceeds further to establish a reading hub for Libra.
Established in 20i3, Libra rapidly grew from a mere two-staff company to be one of the top security companies in Cambodia with 400 plus staff, Within two years, Libra remarkably expanded both its turnover and manpower by 300% of what was planned in its business plan for five. Consequently, Libra won Outstanding CEO Awards in the two consecutive years 2014 and 2015. With our best services provided by a professional team, Libra becomes Cambodia’s top choice among security providers in the country.
Our corporate culture is underpinned by our core values including progress, customer first, reliability and trust, accountability, team and excellence. We are always at the forefront of security technology to improve our service, and we strive for a perfect performance recored and will not tolerate below par excellence. In additional, we put our clients’ security on top of the agenda, while treating our team as our family. We strive to keep all insecurities and worries away from our clients by being dependable. Yet, being accountable, we guarantee for any untoward incidents or losses resulting from our service.
Our clients, which include world-renown brands, Raffles Le Royal, Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel, Marline Service Apartment, Vattanac Properties Tower, etc., have high confidence in Libra.
Libra has set up a strategic direction to respond to changing market demands and thus to increase its market share in the long run. With an average annual economic growth of seven percent together with the opening of the ASEAN Economic Community, security market demands will dramatically increase together with the expanding infrastructure including shopping malls, condominiums and hotels and so on. Libra targets the expanding local and regional markets by offering a healthy working environment with the assistant of technology to cattle to the needs of customers.
Inspiration Messages to Younger Generation
- Have your dreams, own it and live it. Step out of your comfort zone and do something you have not done before. Take action and experience your dream becoming real.
- Be customer-centric because of customer is king and pays our bills and salaries. Serve from the heart. The customer’s interest and happiness come first, then money will follow you.
- Build a team, hire people who are smarter than you, and let them tell you what to do. Don’t micro manage.
- Take personal responsibility for both your success and failures. Acquire the attitude of learning new knowledge and skills and be prepared for changes and challenges in highly competitive and changing market dynamics.
- Being an engineer, writer and lecturer, I started a business that I had no knowledge about at all. Libra’s success inspired my family members, staff and many Cambodians at large that nothing is impossible and that education is the key. All we need is the courage to jump out of our comfort zone and to maintain loyalty, love and commitment to do what we love and believe.
- My experience taught and inspired people three things: 1) outside of the comfort zone is where the magic happens; 2) education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world; and 3) opportunity follows struggle.